About a Band | Gabrielle Aplin


Gabrielle Aplin (singer and songwriter)

How did I discover them? Have I seen them live? What is next for them?


I'd heard a couple of her chart topping singles but never properly listened to any of her albums or much more of her music, until I went to her gig in February this year which was so amazing, that I now really like her. That has made me really want to get hold of one of her albums, like Light in the Dark her most recent one, so I can listen to her more and properly.

Random facts:


She started to become famous from her youtube channel where she posted acoustic videos of songs and from there she got signed. She sung a cover of the Power of Love for a John Lewis advert and shortly after produced her debut album, English Rain.

Why do I now love Gabrielle Aplin?


I basically have just discovered her because of the gig I went to: she was amazing. She did lots of solo and acoustic stuff and stuff with and without her band in the background. She also did a song as a tribute to David Bowie which everyone sang along to.

It was a really calming and lovely gig, especially as the week after it I had some mock exams, so it was lovely to listen to some beautiful but calming music before all of that stress.

Check out her - Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube | Spotify

Popular Posts