About a Band | Years & Years


Olly Alexander (vocals and keyboard), Mikey Goldsworthy (bass), Emre Turkmen (synth)

How did I discover them? Have I seen them live? What is next for them?


I found Years & Years after hearing one of their songs - Take Shelter - that my dad had got and I loved it, although I didn't find out anything about the trio until later, when I looked them up and discovered more of their amazing music.

I saw them live as a support act for Clean Bandit last year, which is when I learnt a little bit more about them as a real band. They were amazing and I had managed to get a great spot right at the front, where me and my friends discovered how cute Olly is.

They have been noticed now though as a big up and coming act for 2015, which I think is well deserved and I really hope they create a debut album this year too.

Random fact:


They are described as an electronica band and are from London where they formed in 2010. This happened when Mikey moved to London from Australia and met Emre, before Olly joined the band as the singer. Mikey heard Olly singing in the shower and then asked him to join the band as he realised how good he was.

Why do I love this band so much?


I love Years & Years so much at the moment and am listening to them all the time. I think my favourite song of theirs is probably Desire which is just brilliant. I know the words to pretty much all of their songs now and do really like the lyrics and what they mean too which is so great to find in a new band.

The music videos that they have created for YouTube are all unique and different and amazing; the ideas for them are all brilliant and I love the abstract view of them. 

Check out their - Website | Instagram | SoundCloud | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Google+
Listen to a playlist of them - 8tracks Years & Years

Popular Posts